Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Dunns River Falls!

Our last Port of Call was in Ocho Rios, on the island of Jamaica. We first headed straight to Dunn's River for some waterfall climbing!

Dunn's River Falls is one of Jamaica's most famous waterfalls, with over 600 feet of cascades. It is one of the very few waterfalls in the world that actually empties directly into the ocean, where you begin the climb.





I wish these pictures of the waterfalls would have been a little better quality, but knowing there was no way I would be able to keep my camera dry, I grabbed a little disposable waterproof camera on the way off the ship. They aren't as clear as I wish they were, but at least you get the idea of how much fun it was...and cold! We all had a blast! (You will see where Clint was getting aggravated at me for stopping along the way to take pictures...I was suppose to be holding his hand!)



Then it was on to Dolphin Cove to hang out on the beach. Here the boys enjoyed seeing more sea creatures...dolphins, sharks, and stingrays! Clint even tried to convince us to let him swim with the sharks, but he lost that battle this time!











Farewell from Jamaica! ... I'm thinking they may already be planning their next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment