After two previous snow days that amounted to "dustings", the boys I and were skeptical about the possibility of any amounts of real snow. Still...we went to the grocery store and stocked up on tons of food, wore our pajamas inside out (a ritual that is sure to guarantee snow!) and went to bed with our fingers crossed! When we woke up...nothing. But...wait for it...wait for it...it's snowing! It started somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00 this morning and currently at 4:30 it's still going strong! Current weather reports call for somewhere between 6 to 10 inches! Woo Hoo! And it's SO pretty! My mission this morning was to get Clint and Garrett to their friends houses for already scheduled spend the night parties. No amount of snow was going to interfere with their social activities!! And I was determined to get home before the streets began to freeze! I'm hoping their friend's moms stocked up on tons of food too, as it looks to snow throughout the night and into tomorrow! Will post more pictures as the snow continues...!
The hill to Pearson's house had already begun to ice over, and since sliding my car off into a ditch was NOT on my list of things to do today, I put poor Garrett out at the bottom and he had to hike it up to the top...just adding to the adventure of "Snow Day"!
Clint and his best buddy since Kindergarten, Reese. Nothing better than being snowed in with a good friend and an X-box!
Scenes on the way home as I passed Steeple Chase...
And lastly, our house after a couple inches...can't wait to see how much will be out there tomorrow!





No comments:
Post a Comment