Thursday, January 14, 2010

I think to myself....what a wonderful world....



I wonder...can you love your kids too much? "They" say, by the time they are 18 years old, you will be ready for them to leave....well, I'm not. And thinking about Carter being gone makes me sad. Did I do everything I meant to do, and say everything I meant to say, and show him everything I meant to show him...Have I taught him all the skills he needs to leave home and make it on his own? Probably not! So for the next few months I imagine I will be making him crazy teaching him how to do his own laundry, and make his own food (no, the boy cannot feed himself!) and saying all the things I meant to say, but never got around to. Did I cheer loud enough at his games, or teach him to love the Lord, and respect other people? ...Raising kids is probably the most challenging job you can have. I just want to be able to say it was a job well done...

No comments:

Post a Comment