Apparently eight! But it was definitely worth the wait! Clint had gone duck hunting back in January for his birthday, and shot one right out of the sky! So proud was I, that I wrapped this yucky, wet, dead bird up in newspaper and stuck him in my freezer until I could find a taxidermist to take care of him. Little did I know how beautiful he would turn out! He really is so pretty! And so cool, that I have already hung him downstairs, so we can all look at him! Now Clint, and I and Garrett have all been on-line working on passing our Hunter's Safety course - and then some class we have to go to - so we can hit the woods! And Clint has had me out in the yard with his BB gun teaching me how to shoot. (No pictures of that! I am still working on hitting the fence, not even close to the can sitting on top of it! But I am getting better!) Forest creatures beware!
(Side note: Yes, Mimi...we will be going with someone with experience!)
A special thank you to our friend Johnny McAlister for making this hunting trip possible! Clint had a fantastic time!








No comments:
Post a Comment