My cabin...
The boy's cabin...
Despite the cabin - which the boys happened to love! - they had a great time this week participating in Bible classes, softball games, of course there were basketball games!, swimming in the lake, arts and crafts time, movie night, and tons of other fun activities planned by the camp staff. Garrett even led singing at one of the devotionals! And what would camp be without a snake hanging from the rafters over the ping-pong tables. True story...!
Oh! P.S. I now have an official "camp story" to tell!
Tuesday evening - while I was cheerfully helping to clean up the kitchen after dinner - I was attacked by a giant killer mouse who charged at me from under the sink where I was washing dishes! A kindly - but dumb - young male counselor attempted to come to my rescue by crawling under the sink and capturing the giant mouse by the tail. When he attempted to hold up the mouse to show his bravery, the mouse bit him on the hand!...which caused him to immediately send the mouse flying through the air across the kitchen!...where it landed somewhere behind the stove!...never to be found again! None of the other women in the kitchen were any help, as they were either quickly making their retreat as I was, or they were doubled over with laughter! By the next morning, I realized I had a huge bruise on my hip from where I had attempted to leap over the counter during my escape! (Do NOT listen to the boys if they should try and tell you it was only a small gray field mouse!) Next time I am packing for camp, remind me to take along mouse-traps...LARGE mouse traps!








No comments:
Post a Comment